Why black walls will always be in vogue

The debate has been going on forever...are black walls trendy or classic? While both sides offer strong arguments, the truth is like it or not black walls aren't going anywhere...and I love it!

Apartment Therapy

While black walls have been a design trend for the past couple of years, the truth is they work for the same reasons while walls do. They make any room crisp and clean, becoming the perfect backdrop for showcasing amazing pieces. And don't be afraid to paint small rooms black. The key is to paint accent walls. The contrast between the black and white will instantly brighten the space.


Here are some of my favorite black walls:





If you aren't 100% in love with the flat look, try a beautiful black on black wallpaper. This print will instantly add gorgeous texture, while not overpowering a space.


I've decided to re-paint my office black. When we first moved in I chose a grayish-taupe color called Anonymous by Behr. Although it is a beautiful color it really doesn't work with my accent colors.

I've chosen a dark charcoal color called Knight's Armour by Olympus. This will work beautifully with the pieces I already have:

West Elm's Parsons Desk

Ikea's Expedit Bookcase

Country Living's Linen Chair with Nail head Trim

Plus I'll be able to have any of the following accent colors: orange, lemon, strawberry, turquoise, the list goes on and on.
Here is my inspiration photo:


Wish me luck!
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education