Are Traditional Rugs the Bold Choice Again?

You already know my love affair with striped rugs. So you'd think it would be an easy choice to pick my rug for my basement.

I've painted my walls with Benjamin Moore's Simply White (mixed in Valspar paint), and I have 90%  convinced Ryan it would be cool to paint the ceiling gray. But when it comes to a rug, I'm stuck.

I could easily buy this super cute tan & cream striped rug.
1
But after being inspired by this Persian rug on Emily's room last night on Secrets From a Stylist:


I thought my basement, which yes has a nautical feel, could get a great sense of warmth and grounding from a traditional rug. I am getting tired of seeing graphic bold prints from Madeline Weinrub and West Elm. These rugs have been popping up everywhere and are becoming the norm, not the exception.

Which leads me to ask...are traditional rugs the bold choice again?

I did a search for traditional beautiful rugs that won't steal the spotlight from my treasure finds and discovered some great pieces.

These first two are from Potterybarn..

2
3

The rest are from Overstock! How fabulous are these? Most are under $200 for a 5 x 8 and all are only $2.95 to ship to your home!

4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16

So which one do you like the best? Leave a comment with your favorite. Here is my couch it will go under...

 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education