Design Dilemma: Empy Boston Office in Need of a Makeover

After seeing my post where I helped my sister update her dreary office space...

My great friend Mary contacted me about her new office!

Mary just started a new job at a non-profit organization located in Boston. After years working from home, Mary wants to inject some personality into her new space.

Here are some pics of her office BEFORE:


Here is my inspiration board for her office:

Since Mary's office is already green, I tried to stick to a similar color palette. However, I think the color should be a warmer Kelly Green, Like Benjamin Moore's Courtyard Green. The current green has too much yellow.

I wanted to keep the patterns and textures slightly vintage, but with a garden preppy feel. I think look is very approachable and inviting while staying professional.

I lovvvvve this patterned rug from Target! It works so well with the wall color, and really has great pops of color.


I would also pair the rug, with these beautiful linens on pillow covers:


In lieu of a lot of art, I would do an easy DIY project and wrap several boards with fabric and batting, and make ribbon pin boards. I love the idea of doing several and hanging them like art behind your desk! Here's a great tutorial.



Then after you have selected your wall color + patterns + textures.......it's a piece of cake! Everything else should be light, white, airy with a touch of preppy vintage! This will keep this room fresh and modern.

On the other side of your desk, I would love to see a modern tailored sofette like this one from West Elm! At $599, it is actually cheaper than purchasing two chairs!

If this is a little too pricey, I found a similar sofa at Ikea for.....drumroll please.....$149!?!
Some White Drapes, Vintage Drape Rods, an Airy Glass Lamp, White Ceramic Vases, Filigree Star Pendants, Capiz Mirror, and a Hanging Pendant is all that's left!



Finally--I think it would be fabulous to paint the cabinets an okra...but because this is an office and not your personal kitchen...

A simple upgrade of hardware would turn this corner of the office from drab to fresh! I love these satin nickel knobs and pulls from Lowes.

Mary, let me know if you want me to come up to Boston and help you :) I'm always looking for an excuse to visit Boston!!!!

And be sure to send us AFTER pics!

If anyone else has a design dilemma, be sure to email me!
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education