Design Envy: Large Closets

If you are like me, you are starting to remove your spring/summer clothes from your closet, and unpack your fall/winter items. This is one of my all-time favorite ways to stay organized. Plus Ryan always laughs at how excited I get when I discover pieces I totally forgot about. It's the cheapest way to shop!

I do this to #1: Stay Organized but #2: I just don't have enough space! Ryan and I both love clothes, and have collected many items over the years. Because we don't buy anything super trendy, we tend to keep pieces for a while...which leads to us being completely overtaken by clothes!

We both currently operate out of 2 closets each! this does not include our 2 coat closets, the packed away clothes in the attic, or the 2 rolling racks we have in the basement.

Lately, I have been dreaming about one day extending onto our house and having a true master bedroom with a walk-in closet, and space for my shoes...seriously does anyone know how to store boots efficiently????

In honor of this far-off dream, I wanted to show you some designer closets Elle Decor is featuring this month...A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Jimmy Choo founder, Tamara Mellon:
Photographer: Simon Upton
Interior Designer Nate Berkus:
Photographer: Pieter Estersohn
Fashion Designer Nanette Lepore:
Photographer: William Waldron
(Love the Chinese Art Deco rug from ABC Carpet & Home.)

Fashion Designer Anna Sui:
Photographer: Eric Boman
Creative Director for JCrew (and one of my fav. style crushes!!!) Jenna Lyons:
Photographer: Rebecca Greenfield
See she doesn't know how to store boots well either :) Okay...tomorrow I am totally doing a post on how to organize winter boots!

Jeweler Loree Rodkin:

Photographer: Firooz Zahedi

Estée Lauder Creative Director Aerin Lauder:

Photographer: Simon Upton
 (In case you are obsessed with the wallpaper like me, it's from Gracie wall coverings)

One day I'm sure I will get a larger closet...until then I will just have to stay organized and get more creative...and maybe stop buying clothes :)
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education