Make a $5 Wreath for Thanksgiving

Sorry for the late posting today...mega client presentation today.

I found this DIY project on the Just a Girl Blog that I thought would be perfect for Thanksgiving!


(Directions & Images below courtesy of Just a Girl Blog) 

First of all…I gathered a lot of pine cones. :)
 
pinecone basket

I had a styrofoam wreath in my basement (yes, really) that I decided to use. I think it was about $5.00. I spray painted it brown so it wouldn’t show through as much when the pine cones went on. I couldn’t find my dark brown paint, but I would recommend that in the future.


At first, I tried to place the pine cones in some sort of pattern, but it really didn’t work out for me. I basically placed them on one at a time and squished them into some sort of fit.  


 
Once it was all done, I went back with some tiny pine cones and filled in some gaps that I thought showed too much.


How cute is this idea? I can't wait to try this next weekend!
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education