A Baking Day Tea

Hello everyone,
   It is another mild and very dull and very wet day here again today. What is going on- so many of you even down south have snow and we who are usually in the grip of winter are having what seems like spring. I know many here are loving it but it does not seem like Christmas until we snow. I will confess though it is easier to drive in and easy to heat our big old farmhouse!
  Anyway, after coming home from a friends beautiful home where I was invited for tea , I thought it would be a great day to do some Christmas baking.


 Every year since we have had children I have made dozens of gingerbread cookies.
 So, it is one of the traditions I enjoy even though my babies have all grown up and no longer crowd around to help cut them out. However, one of my girls did stop in and helped with the cutting etc. while we chatted.
I am so glad we still have' little ones' (grandchildren) to enjoy the gingerbread cookies.
 I made a couple of sticky date puddings for Christmas day too as I have had a couple of requests for it this year. The recipe is here if you would like it.
It was so dull today that candles made the kitchen look cozy.
 This is a Victoria Christmas book and the photo isn't clear but it has gingerbread cookies on a platter and was my souse of inspiration today.


The Victoria Heart of Christmas book.
So after doing some baking it is always lovely to sit and enjoy a cup of tea and sample a little of my baking just to make sure it is good to serve-you understand!!!


I love the smell of Christmas baking in a warm cozy kitchen with Christmas music playing- even if we don't have snow and you all do!

Today, I am joining Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for her lovely Tea Time Tuesday and also Kathy at a Delightsome Life for the Victoria Return to Lovliness party.

Thank you for stopping in,

Carolyn
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education