Honeysuckle vs. Vintage Wine: The Color Wars of 2011

What do we think?
Benjamin Moore announced it's color for 2011 to be Vintage Wine.

Now I am not one who shies away from bold colors on walls. My natural instinct is to go dark, and it's actually living on the edge for me to leave a room white :) But I just can't get behind this color?!




This is the only room (below) I could actually see myself living in...that is without crying myself to sleep every night at my ridiculous color choice :) The dark and honey stained floors and rustic table blend beautifully with this color...and the white moulding and doors soften the space.



On the other hand...I love Pantone's 2011 Color of the Year: Honeysuckle!
While I know I could never convince Ryan to paint a room this color...or even an accent wall--I could totally see using this color in pillows, a throw, or even the back of a cabinet.

I would love to pair this color with maple furniture, a white couch, honeysuckle pillows and maybe a mimosa (Pantone's 2009 color of the year) colored throw?

Another idea would be to pair this with white and navy or blue iris (Pantone's 2008 color of the year) in a home office for a clean, vibrant, and inspiring look!

Here are some great uses of Honeysuckle!




I'm so excited this year for such an uplifting color...especially since last year's Pantone was the anything but surprising turquoise:


Hooray for Honeysuckle!
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education