My Bathroom School Project 2

I am very excited to show you my school project...so far!

Here's a little background...I am taking an interior design class at the Corcoran. I'm learning how to draw to scale, draft, create elevations, etc. Our first big project is to design a 9'x12' bathroom. I decided to use this opportunity to create what I would realistically want in my redesigned bathroom (hopefully coming this March)...and although my bathroom is more like 5'x7' I can always scale back.

First I drew, to scale, how my 9'x12' bathroom will be designed. The elevations are on each side of the bathroom layout and will show the contractor specific elements that are needed on each wall. Because I am also doing a herringbone pattern on the floor, I need to add this to my design.

When I tweak this to fit my bathroom I can do simple things like remove the built-in shelves, reduce to a large one-sink vanity, and instead of having a door swing open I'm hoping to add a pocket door to allow more space to move the toilet on the opposite side of the sink!

So here is the inspiration board I came up with. I'm calling it "Crisp Romance." I love all of the grays, whites and creams, the crisp clean lines, and the romantic hardware and chandelier.

Here are my sources:

Top Half of Wall Paint: Benjamin Moore Horizon
Bottom Half of Wall + Molding Paint: Benjamin Moore Decorator’s White

Tonight I am actually constructing my presentation board and box in class so I'll post more pics next week!
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education