The Christmas Cottage

Hello everyone,
     I am glad you stopped in today as I have more pictures to share of our little Gardeners Cottage that this time of year becomes The Christmas Cottage. I have had fun decorating it for our Christmas house tour coming up on December 10th..

Each year I like to give it a little different look. So this year it is more of a  french country theme.
The quilt on the bed is Marie Antoinette -a taupe and cream toile.
I bought these old skates at a thrift shop and gave them a coat of grey stain. 

The tree and all the decorations where Dollar Store or thrift store finds.

The cupboard in the corner was built for me in the summer and now holds my cream dishes with some greenery for the season.
This little electric stove was a gift from my daughter and I gave it a coat of ivory paint .It gives a little bit of heat to take the chill out on cool days and adds some ambiance.The mirror is the top of a yardsale dresser but it works good here.also.

These chairs were also a second hand store find a few years ago but I did have them recovered.I gave the wood a wash of ivory paint.

A closer look.


The netting over the bed was also a yard sale find-it adds a romantic touch.
Some gifts under the tree-aren't they cute???

Our Christmas Cottage last winter.

I am joining French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday and My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday where there is lots for you to enjoy.I am also joining Haken for Show Off Saturday.

I hope you enjoyed a peek inside The Christmas Cottage.

Take care,
Carolyn
 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education