Welcome Home...my new couch!

Happy Friday! Woohooooooo!

I only have about two weeks left until the baby is due, and I think I'm in pretty good shape. I'm locking myself in my house this weekend until every last thank-you note has been written.

Luckily I can write them while relaxing on my brand new Potterybarn sectional couch upstairs!

(sorry for the terrible photo)

But like everything new I have to grow to love it. My eye is playing tricks on my. I'm so used to a warmer colored couch--this is more of a cooler stone. So of course everything around it is now bothering me--including my light gray walls (they should be warmer), graphic pillows, the large lamp my husband insisted on putting behind the couch which appears to stab anyone who walks in our front door, and lastly our espresso leather ottoman. 

I know this sounds like a lot--but I think with a few simple updates it will definitely look more pulled together.

First I am moving the fur blanket back downstairs. I thought it would add some warmth to the cool-toned couch...but it doesn't :)

Secondly, I'd love to bring in a new softer color palette--with these amazing pillows from ZGallerie:



I think yellow would look perfect on my stone couch and definitely give the space a little warmer vibe. Then I can contemplate painting the whole room a soft white--and maybe adding some millwork :) Hopefully the pillows will be enough that I won't have to!

I'm now on the hunt for an awesome (but baby friendly) coffee table. I'm loving this one from Wisteria:





 

Search This Blog

Labels

Most Reading

arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education arts, entertainment, business, computer, technology, game, home, home design, cosplay, forex, forex news, house, real estate, relationships, travel, leisure, automotive, car, health, home improvement, news, society, food, drinking, insurance, animal, education